Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Cheap Stuff Works Too!


After posting my previous blog about the 20$ mineral makeup, I thought I'd add that I don't spend that much money on my makeup. A lot of the time I find my makeup at the Dollar Tree (they occasionally carry Loreal, Maybelline and Cover Girl).

On most occasions I used a liquid liner from Prestige (I've tried many kinds of liners but this is my fave) and for the inner eye water lines I use a mechanical black pencil from Walgreens called Jordana, it's like $1.99 ea or 2 for $3.. it's smooth and stays on.

For the lashes I use varios kinds of mascara and I always use the same brush for each new tube (I've found it's not the actual mascara that makes your lashes fuller or non-clumpy.. it's the brush and I found the perfect brush for me).

Eye shadow I use anything, from the more pricier brands ($4+) to the cheap no name brands. It doesn't really matter as long as you have a base/primer for the shadow to stick too. Speaking of primers, I was watching YouTube videos on making your own primers, I just use a thicker shimmery lotion or light tinted shimmery liquid shadow as my base, and I don't have crease problems.

For my brows, I know a lot of people use brow pencils but I prefer to use a dark shade of shadow and an angled brush slightly damp (honestly I use my saliva, except when I'm working on someone elses face). So you see, I'm not a makeup snob, I don't spend a lot of money to make me look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment